Coalitions & Campaigns
REACT is a grassroots organization of residents living near or at the fence lines of a cluster of 11 chemical plants commonly referred to as Rubbertown. The organization was established in April of 2003 as a campaign of the Justice Resource Center and became an independent organization later that year. REACT is fighting for:
- Strong laws to stop toxic air pollution from chemical plants
- The protection of residents in the event of a leak, fire or explosion in a chemical plant or railcar.
- Full disclosure and easy access to information concerning the impact of Rubbertown on residents living nearby.
- Vision To assemble a broad-based coalition of individuals and organizations committed to ending the death penalty in Kentucky by.
Citizens Against Police Abuse – Resources and Other LinksMuch of the information on the CAPA web site (and more!) and can be found in the CAPA information packet, “Criminal Justice or Institutional Racism and Classism in the United States and Kentucky?
This section is a growing List of community Programs and Internships that help with Education and Future Job Creation?
- YouthBuild YouthBuild Louisville is an education, job training and leadership program designed to champion young adults to build.
- Louisvilleky.gov jobs and career training This particular site has links to many types of job trainings from EMT to Animal services.
- Kentuckyjobs411 Employees . . . Do you need to increase your income? Help us to help YOU do exactly that! KENTUCKYJOBS411.com is a local opportunity community established to help average people showcase their skills to the world and elevate their income to the next level. Employers . . . Looking for just the right person to fill that position you have in your company/business? You’ve come to the right place for great people available to you in the Louisville and surrounding area!
- kentuckiana works
- kentuckiana works
- Louisville Urban League As an active partner, leader and catalyst we will assist African Americans, other minority groups and the disadvantaged attain social and economic equality and stability through direct services and advocacy.
- plymouthcommunity We are renewing the life of our Louisville neighborhood. We seek change and opportunity, and in every hopeful sign we find possibility. Through this website, our youth are writing a new future for this community.
- Sierra Club